Times: Weekdays either before or after school. Times are flexible and can be scheduled around children's extra curricular commitments.
The program includes two sessions a week during term dates.
The aim of Adolescent's Strength and Conditioning is to help children learn and develop functional postural strength and sports specific strength. In clinic we see many children 10-17 years with injuries resulting from poor functional strength.
Healthy functional strength can reduce:
- Neck and shoulder pain from study
- Knee, ankle and lower back pain from social and competitive sports participation.
By strengthening the muscles that are commonly overlooked and essential to efficient movement, we aim to reduce the likelihood and risk of injury.
An initial assessment of their current strength and postural baselines will be completed. Using the findings a personalised exercise program will be developed. They will work through their personalised program under the supervision of one of our accredited Exercise Physiologists twice a week in a small group setting. Children are booked on 10 minute intervals to ensure adequate individual attention and supervision from the Exercise physiologist, as well as allowing them to socialise in a small group setting.
This program is suitable for students:
- Entering into year 11 and 12 facing an increased study load.
- students who are not currently engaged in social or competitive sport
- Junior athletes with reoccurring injuries
- All children 10-17 wanting to learn about their bodies, posture, and how to exercise right for long term healthy lifestyle habits.
Please call the office on 9385 1430, or contact us via email at email@example.com if you would like to discuss the program further. We look forward to hearing from you.
Private health rebates apply to those eligible.